Job | Posted a month ago
Salary placement shall be made by the Board or the Board designee and is commensurate with education and experience pursuant to the APT Negotiated Agreement
9 Month Position
- Strong knowledge of balanced literacy and best practice in literacy instruction at the elementary level
- Experience in providing literacy instruction at multiple elementary grade levels
- Experience in providing targeted interventions in the classroom; trained in Guided Reading Plus and Comprehension Focus Groups
- Ability to serve as teacher leader/coach and collaborate with teams of teachers
- Ability to facilitate meetings with staff and parents
- Experience in providing professional development activities for colleagues
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with staff, students and parents
- Conduct and interpret formal and informal assessments to evaluate student progress, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
- Meet regularly with support teachers, paraprofessionals and specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs are met by enriching or modifying lessons, curriculum, materials, and resources as needed.
- Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model by encouraging appropriate behaviors that lead to social, emotional and physical development.
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and incorporate best practices or new strategies.
- Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day such as orientation, open houses, conferences, or extra-curricular activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Please refer to the attached job description.
- Valid State of Illinois Professional Educator License with Reading Specialist endorsement registered in Will County
- Certificate of good health signed by a licensed medical provider
Application Procedure:Apply online
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator or designee.