P/T Marketing Director
Application file must include resume and cover letter.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for all marketing activity with a primary focus on growing enrollment and improving retention. This position reports to the individual school principal, and is supported by existing clerical staff, a mentor, and ongoing professional development opportunities. Additionally, the school community will be a source of volunteer assistance in carrying out specific tasks associated with enrollment marketing. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Communications – creating quarterly newsletters and publications, creating and distributing promotional materials, etc.
• Publicity – creating and placing press releases, media relations, web-site creation and/or updates, internal communications, etc.
• Constituent Relations – maintaining personal contact with key constituents including existing and potential donors, prospective families, influential community leaders, etc.
• Volunteer Management – forming a parent ambassador or volunteer group, working with a marketing committee of the school board, ensuring volunteers for various marketing events, etc.
• Direct Sales – managing the inquiry process, including initial contact and subsequent follow-up with prospective families
• Interest Generation / Acquisition – creating and distributing direct mail, advertising, etc.
• Parent and Family Relations
• Events – conducting open houses, leading Catholic Schools Week, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Previous marketing or relevant experience in a commercial or non-profit setting;
• Excellent organizational capacity and demonstrated ability to be self-directed and self-motivated;
• Superb verbal and written communication skills;
• Willingness and confidence in pursuing enrollment opportunities, volunteer commitments, etc.;
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others including staff, families, students, donors, etc.;
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience;
• Spanish fluency strongly preferred; and
• Comfort with basic software such as Excel, MSWord, etc.