JobID 213 : School Nutrition Substitute (#326931)
JOB TITLE: School Nutrition Substitute
REPORTS TO: SN Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: An employee in this class assists in a variety of kitchen tasks that are essential to the operation of the School Nutrition Program. The employee prepares food by standardized recipes and specifications. Problems that arise that cannot be solved by choosing action to take from several alternatives are referred to the supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED
- Some knowledge of food preparation and serving practices.
- Some knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards.
- Skill in the use of food preparation equipment.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to report to a cafeteria on short notice and be able to travel to all schools within the district.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1 year food service experience; quantity food preparation preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Preparation, serving and storage of food, cleaning and maintaining food service areas; operation of commercial foodservice equipment, the preparation and serving of food through the performance of semiskilled tasks.
- An employee in this position is expected to follow multi-stepped instructions without frequent assistance.