JobID 4170 : Building Wellness Facilitator - NV (#326910)
TITLE: Building Wellness Facilitator -- Northview
JOB GOAL: Coaches and motivates staff members in the building to build
support and participation in personal wellness efforts.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 22 hours of work outside the
contract during the school year.
- Included within the 22 hours are three District level wellness PLC’s including a review of the District’s “insurance” survey which provided a readiness for employee wellness.
- Attendance at one District level Wellness committee
- Advocate for wellness initiatives in the building and the knowledge about and the application of the District Wellness policy.
- Administer a building level survey and evaluate data regarding readiness and interest toward personal/employee wellness
- Develop a building cadre of staff willing to share personal wellness ideas; collaborations
- Monthly emails sent to building staff during school year required; with tips on exercise; special columns; spotlight employee efforts (i.e. weight loss; marathons; personal motivations); calories
- Promote and/or develop wellness activities at the building level for example:
- Just one thing
- Healthiest State initiative/challenge
- October Walk
- Calorie counting/School lunch
- Lunch and Learn: i.e. : Smoking Cessation; EAP; Stress Management
- Keep track of exercise minutes
- Menu of activities
- Bike/Walk to work
- Year end report /Assessment of the status of wellness at the building level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Activities Director, Principal, and Superintendent according to the guidelines of the master contracts.
Approved by:_______________________________________________ Date:_________________________
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property