JobID 343 : Bus Driver (#326679)
Title: School Bus Driver
INTERNAL APPLICANTS please provide a letter of interest directly to Doug Konz. It is not necessary to complete this online process to be considered.
Under the general supervision of the Transportation Director, to ensure the safe transportation of students, to and from school.
Route 5 Monday through Friday when school is in session. 06:30 am to 8:00 am and 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm approximately
- Safely drives a school bus on days when school is in session over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading students at designated locations.
- Inspects assigned bus on a daily basis prior to transporting of passengers to ensure that bus is in good, clean and safe working order.
- Cleans and refuels bus as needed.
- Ensures that a communication device is in proper working order before each trip.
- Reports all mechanical deficiencies, traffic violations, or accidents, promptly.
- Maintains order and discipline in an effective and courteous manner among students being transported in accordance with district policies and procedures; reports any incidents involving student discipline.
- Maintains and submits records and reports as required.
- Follows procedures to ensure that no child is left alone in the bus without adult supervision at any time, and that all children have departed bus at the end of all routes.
- Attends and participates in trainings arranged by the Transportation Director.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.Equipment
- Uses standard automotive and bus equipment, and two way radio.
- Knowledge of all traffic laws, regulations, road signs and related information.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate the bus, conduct pre-trip inspections, and clean the bus.
- Visual and auditory acuity within professionally determined normal ranges, with correction if needed.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and comprehend information from procedures manuals and other materials. Ability to comprehend and follow traffic signs required.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure and in cases of accidents or other emergencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school bus environment.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License, with no driving violations
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful prior experience working as a bus driver, preferred but not essential for this position