Middle School Math Teacher
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 591 East 80th Avenue, Denver, CO 80229 (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
LOCATION: Valley View K-8
POSITION: Middle School Math Teacher
Colorado teaching license with an appropriate content area endorsement required. Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.*
*Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of district applicants complete an online application at www.mapleton.us. In district applicants may email a letter of interest to Sue-Lin Toussaint at HR@mapleton.us
* Effectively teach district Math curriculum to 7th and 8th grade students who are at various levels.
* Teach with motivation, flexibility, dedication, organization and creativity.
* Be able to integrate other content when possible.
* Create and implement engaging plans that are relevant for student learning.
* Administer and analyze a variety of educational assessments to inform instruction.
* Create appropriate instructional interventions to meet the individual needs of diverse learners, including English language learners (ELL), students with special needs, students on a 504 plan, and students identified as gifted and talented.
* Participate in school-wide and district-wide development opportunities.
* Attend conferences, workshops, in-services, meetings or classes as needed to support the development of the school.
* Have strong classroom management and an ability to create and implement effective management strategies to promote a safe and respectful classroom learning environment.
* Work closely with your teaching colleague to analyze student work and data and plan instruction.
* Promote and fully participate positively in the culture of the school.