NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BOARD STREET, NEWARK, NJ 07102
ROGER LEÓN, SUPERINTENDENT
Office of Student Support Services
(Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites all qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Social Worker within the Office of Student Support Services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Permanent School Social Worker certificate.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
- New Jersey Bilingual/Bicultural Education certificate preferred.
- The following three options are allowed as alternatives in lieu of possessing a New Jersey Bilingual/Bicultural Education certificate
- You may present evidence of passing the oral and written language proficiency tests (OPI & WPT) in your target language with Language Testing International. The passing scores for both tests must be a minimum of Advanced Low; or
- A degree from an accredited University in the target language; or
- A World Language Certificate in the target language
- Manages mental health programming for the district.
- Develops and procures mental health resources and services for student’s families, and staff.
- Confers with student support staff in planning strategies, adapting practices and making modifications that will assist children in meeting academic, social emotional, behavioral and career goals.
- Conduct trainings to promote mental health initiatives.
- Coordinates meetings with social service, mental health agencies, hospital centers, and other outside organizations/agencies to develop partnerships focused on mental health.
- Assists student support team members with strategies for involving and educating families, students, and school staff about mental health and referrals.
- Generates written professional reports at required intervals with statistical data.
- Knowledgeable about and adheres to the State and Federal regulations and established departmental procedures.
- Maintains and reports at required intervals accurate statistical data related to productivity
- Provides support around Title IV grant related activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Student Support Services
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD and UNION AFFILIATION
- Salary: $58,500 - $102,476
- Employment Period: Ten (10) Months
- Affiliation: Newark Teacher’s Union (NTU)