TEACHER - EBICS PROGRAM (#27449)
1. Designs coherent instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, students and their individual needs, the community, and curriculum goals. 2. Plans instruction to achieve desired objectives that reflect the Virginia Standards of Learning and division curriculum. 3. Identifies individual, group and classroom needs, develops IEP’s, and selects appropriate materials and resources to match the abilities and individual needs of all students. 4. Instructional, data-based decisions incorporate both short-term and long-range planning, to improve student learning grounded in a variety of assessment strategies and instruments.
5. Identifies and communicates specific student performance expectations and documents student learning gains using appropriate assessment instruments. 6. Understands the central concepts, strategies, curriculum and structures of the skills he or she teaches and creates instruction and learning experiences that are meaningful for all students. 7. Differentiates instruction to meet diverse student needs. 8. Uses materials, technology, and resources that promote the development of critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and performance skills. 9. Selects, evaluates, and refines a variety of teaching methods and instructional strategies for the active engagement of students and the enhancement of student learning. 10. Actively implements classroom procedures that foster a safe and positive environment for students and staff. 11. Manages classroom procedures to maximize learning time on task.
12. Manage and direct teaching assistant and/or school community trainer assigned to their classroom to ensure compliance with implementation of classroom procedures and compliance with implementation of student individual education plans, behavior plans, safety plans, and/or transition plans.
13. Establishes and maintains rapport with students.
14. Creates a supportive learning environment for all students that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation. 15. Uses effective verbal, nonverbal, and communication techniques to foster positive interactions in the classroom and community.
16. Forges partnerships with families to promote student learning at home, in the community and in the classroom.
17. Works collaboratively with staff, families, and community resources to support the success of a diverse a population.
18. Models professional, moral, and ethical standards as well as personal integrity in all interactions.
19. Takes responsibility for and participates in a meaningful and continuous process of professional development that results in the enhancement of student learning.
20. Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with peers, school personnel, and the community to promote and support student learning.
21. Willing to transport students in own vehicle when necessary.
22. Provides service to the profession, SECEP, and the community.
23. Performs related work as required.