MATH INTERVENTIONIST NEEDED IN TAMPA (#271351)
The Mathematics Intervention Specialist is responsible for coaching, motivating, and instructing high school students within the company model, with attention given to math interventions and instruction that results in high school graduation and career or college readiness for our students. The Mathematics Intervention Specialist works closely with the entire staff to help ensure student progress and increase math outcomes.
• Provide a learning environment of high student accountability in math that is student-centered and aligned with the school’s academic goals and specified objectives. Evaluation Criteria: o Participation in monthly math conference calls o Calendar and schedule indicate regular delivery of small group intervention instruction o Sign in sheets documenting furnishing data-driven professional development to staff members o Documentation of attendance in District, State, or National professional development in mathematics o Contact By Staff Log indicates communication with students, parents, and school stakeholders per company expectations o FLDOE data indicating increases in student state assessment reading scores – 80% of students who take state assessments will show an increase in math scores o Review of Progress Monitoring Log and student records indicates student records are current and in compliance with required progress monitoring o Observation and review of reports indicate effective monitoring of the fidelity and usage of the math(Ascend Pilot) software program
• Provide direction and leadership within the school and classroom by displaying deep and effective working knowledge of the mathematic process and demonstrating best practices relating to teaching, intervention, and instructional techniques in content area text. Evaluation Criteria: o Demonstrated ability to diagnose, evaluate, and assess mathematical needs of individual students o Demonstrated ability to effectively assist students in using mathematic strategies in their assigned subject area(s) o Demonstrated ability to effectively assist students in effective study skills and differentiated note-taking techniques aligned to their assigned subject area o Observed use of a variety of instructional techniques and mathematical interventions to effectively support students in the classroom at all levels o Progress Monitoring Logs indicate consultations with advisory teacher and other staff members on strategies and activities that can assist student to better understand content area text o Demonstrated ability to intervene and conduct data-driven small group intensive interventions o Demonstrated the ability to provide differentiated instruction and strategies based on student data o Students can relate Math Teacher’s high expectations for student improvement and success o Documentation of active participation in professional development focused on the art and science of teaching o Observation of direct and guided instruction in mathematical strategies and study skills as required by the company model o Adherence to instructional practices within Standard Operating Model o Adherence to the use of approved company curricula, methods, and materials
• Maintain, disaggregate, and provide progress-monitoring reports, math records, and other student records as required by district or state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures. Evaluation Criteria: o Progress Monitoring Logs indicating adherence to state, district, and company’s policies for progress monitoring of students o Progress Monitoring Logs indicating timely reporting of students in need of academic support or intervention in accordance with the school’s RtI model o Student results of District or State assessments disaggregated and communicated to staff o Sign in sheets documenting staff development on interpreting assessment results and instructional implications o Up to date student records documenting adherence to state, district, and company’s policies for record keeping
• Collaborate effectively and professionally with peers to develop, plan, and implement best educational practices based upon the individual academic needs of the students that are aligned with company goals. Evaluation Criteria: o Progress Monitoring Logs indicate effective communication of individual student needs, performance status, skill levels, recommended and implemented interventions, etc. o Meeting agendas and sign in sheets documenting participation in Individual Educational Plan (IEP) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) meetings o Meeting agendas and sign in sheets documenting participation in academic planning meetings o Progress Monitoring Logs indicate evidence of providing staff with weekly progress monitoring feedback on usage and fidelity to the math software program o Sign in sheets documenting staff professional development mathematical strategies o Maintains collegiality and professionalism in the work environment
• Participate in professional development courses or activities to maintain appropriate certification or credentials based on position. Evaluation Criteria: o Up to date certification o Up to date Individual Professional Development Plan aligned with School Improvement Plan o Sign in sheets documenting participation in all company provided training and professional development o Documentation of participation in all district required meetings, training, and professional development
• Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals. Evaluation Criteria o School meets or exceeds FTE enrollment goals
• Performs all other duties as assigned, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures that ensure educational goals are achieved.