Intervention Specialists (Non-Certified)
The Intervention Specialist will support the implementation of the district's research-based programs in the classrooms. Intervention Specialists will provide expertise in direct intervention to students who require support in the areas of literacy and mathematics to enhance the district's capacity to meet the needs of all learners through tiered intervention. The Intervention Specialist must demonstrate a commitment to reinforcing research-based strategies and programs with a willingness to support students at-risk for learning success.
- Provide direct support to students using the district’s research-based intervention programs;
- Attend professional development on content, instructional pedagogy, and differentiation;
- Meet with Instructional Specialists and Principals to review student performance data, and develop strategies to address the needs of learners;
- Engage in self-reflection activities and performance observations for professional growth and goal-setting
- Perform other duties related to content area instructional improvement and student learning, as assigned by the Principal
- Knowledge of Common Core Curriculum Standards and frameworks;
- Knowledge of research-based interventions, assessments, and instructional strategies including the workshop and inquiry models;
- Experience in implementing standards-based lesson plans with embedded formative assessments;
- Experience in developing strategies to address the diverse needs of students at-risk for learning;
- Ability to provide teachers with hands-on, relevant, and practical assistance to differentiate support based on the needs of individual students;
- Ability to work well with others, build relationships with school staff, and maintain confidentiality;
- Commitment to the success of all students and teachers;
- Computer proficiency and commitment to technology integration in content instruction;
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
Position is an hourly position funded partially through State funding via the Commissioner’s Network Grant funds. Therefore, this position is subject to receiving designated funds. Continuation of the position is subject to annual plan submission and approval to the State of Connecticut.
- $20.19 per hour
- Evaluation shall be performed by the building principal.
- Must pass federal and local background checks.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must complete all pre-employment requirements before the start date.
Please visit the Winchester Public Schools website to apply online at www.winchesterschools.org. Please be sure to attach your cover letter, resume, and three recent references.
Process and Interviews convened by the Principal/Superintendent.