Cross Country Coach
Job | Posted a month ago
ACTIVITIES JOB APPLICATIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
OPTION 1 NSBSD CROSS COUNTRY COACH - July 31 to Oct. 5 (5) $3,543.00 (potentially pro-rated)
OPTION 2 NSBSD CROSS COUNTRY COACH - Aug. 12 to Sept. 30 (4) $2,361.00 (potentially pro-rated)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and/or Athletic/Activities Director.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The coach will be responsible for implementing a coaching philosophy that promotes the expectations of school athletics and activities. They will be responsible for training athletes and preparing them for interscholastic competition and developing their skills at a competitive level. Their responsibilities will consist being responsible for the inventory, ordering, program, and program evaluation. Coaches will enforce discipline, nurture student needs, and model sportsman-like behavior at all times. They are expected to work within the NSBSD rules and philosophy for extracurricular activities as stated in the NSBSD coaches’ manual. Fulfill other duties as assigned.
The coach must show documentation of the Mandatory Trainings (see Activities Handbook: Training Verification Check List Coaching and Activity Adviser Staff) on/or before the first contract day:
· Communicate with teenage athletes, parents, and administrators
· Set an example through living by a high code of conduct.
· Follow safety procedures.
· Understand and adhere the NSBSD and ASAA policies and guidelines.
· Follow the National Federation of State High School Associations Coach’s Code of Ethics
· Responsible for the annual review of the Coaches’ and the Parent and Student Handbooks.
· Holds scheduled practices during the regular season and post season when applicable.
· Complete Background Check.
· Complete Mandatory Trainings
Major Pre-season Responsibilities:
· Holds a pre-season meeting with students and parents to inform them of the philosophy of the program, rules, regulations, schedules, practice times, attendance, code of conduct, travel rules, and handbook.
· Complete athlete education following ASAA and NSBSD TAD and Concussion Policies.
· Responsible for accurate and timely completion of NSBSD athletic participation and parental consent forms.
Major In-season Responsibilities:
· Issues equipment and uniforms to athletes and maintains a record of issued items.
·Plans, organizes, and implements the teaching of fundamentals, strategy, rules, and technique.
· Maintains a properly supplied first aid kit at all times. · Implements procedures for handling injuries and completes injury report forms.
· Assists Principal/Activities Director in pre-game activities. · Provide supervision of athletes from the beginning of the trip/activity until students are released to home.
· Provides an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship and assists visiting teams, coaches, and officials.
· Provide a list of students playing and/or traveling eight (8) days prior to the scheduled activity begins.
Major Post-season Responsibilities:
· Turn in a list of collected inventories, store equipment, and turn in uniforms and season record (opponents and scores) to Principal/Activities Director.
· Turn in a list of collected inventories, store equipment, and turn in uniforms to Principal/Activities Director.
· Complete the end-of-season checkout and questionnaire. Failure to adhere to the above standards could result in suspension or removal from the position.
Per negotiated agreement and meeting all “Responsibilities” – payment may be prorated based on meeting the responsibilities.