Job Objectives: To effectively provide general maintenance for the school district.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, license, certification and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: Applicants or persons employed in this position must be able to perform the following tasks and functions which are fundamental to the purpose of the position.
· Operates welder, table saw, drills and all power tools pertaining to carpentry used for the construction and repair as needed within the scope of this position’s duties.
· Provides minor alterations to Lawton Public School facilities, maintains and repairs equipment and machines.
· Fabricates parts to effect repairs and constructs metal appurtenances as needed.
· Purchases and keeps inventory control on such things as bolts, washer, mower blades, grease, lumber, electrical, and oil.
· Installs playground equipment and other associated items such as benches, drinking fountains, basketball goals, fiber, filter cloth and curbs. Installs and replaces chain-link, pipe fence and barbed wire as needed.
· Assists in landscaping tasks including but not limited to: laying sod, planting and pruning trees.
· Operates a backhoe, tractor, welder and cutting torch, heavy dump trucks in the building and maintenance of sprinkler systems, water lines, play equipment, backstops, and removing trees. Additionally, uses a variety of construction tools such as drills, sanders, paint guns, and power saws.
· Maintains records as needed and reports to park maintenance supervisor regarding repairs that need to be done that are beyond the scope of his duties.
· Maintains current skills and knowledge in the proper techniques of ground maintenance functions and in-house training.
· Experience in welding and use of a cutting torch.
· Experience in carpentry.
· Experience in plumbing.
· Experience in electrical work.
Experience in painting.
Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, license, certification and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must provide Criminal History background check and fingerprinting
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Ability to complete tasks quickly, efficiently and independently.
- Be able to follow instructions and follow through on assignments.
- Be self-motivated, able to work on several projects concomitantly.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to react resourcefully to varying conditions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and rick of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POSITION.
STARTING SALARY: GRADE 04, $10.94 PER HOUR