Experienced RN- Elementary School Building Nurse
Description: Community Consolidated School District 89 is seeking a Full-Time Building Nurse. This position is for 178.5 days during the school year and ONLY works on days when the children are present during the school year sharing the same seasonal breaks as do our students. The building nurse will support the needs of the students at Briar Glen Elementary School.
- Completion of requirements for a Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of Illinois
- Experience in nursing and completion of a school health orientation program, preferred
- Maintains certification in Child/Adult CPR and First Aid.
- Illinois Certification as a Vision and Hearing screening technician, preferred
- Other qualifications of academic, professional, and personal excellence as the Board may specify.
- 10 Sick Days and 2 Personal Days
- Board paid employee dental insurance
- 90% Board paid health insurance for the employee and 80% Board paid health insurance for family participants
- Significant Board paid contribution to your Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
- IRS qualified "Cadillac" insurance plans with BCBS
- Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
- Makes decisions and demonstrates leadership that supports the mission, vision, goals and interests of the district and of students.
- Administers medication with appropriate documentation.
- Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations and medical conditions.
- Performs mandated screening procedures for vision and hearing.
- Performs one-to-one nursing care as assigned.
- Assists classroom teachers as a resource and participation classroom demonstrations (elementary level)
- Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Maintains communication with the District nurse, teachers, other school personnel, and parent/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the health and safety needs of students
- Provides health services, information, and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
- Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff
- Maintains athletic physical records for students participating in interscholastic sports (middle school)
- Reports communicable disease to the County Health Department.
- Compiles data for statistical purposes.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
- Maintains a daily log of student/staff visits and documentation on individual health records
- Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies
- Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties
- Performs other health or school related work as required.
Staff members currently employed in CCSD 89 are only required to notify the Building Principal where the position will be vacant and the Assistant Superintendent for Learning of their interest in the position for consideration. A letter of interest in the position and a copy of your most recent resume will be considered a completed application. Internal candidates do not need to complete the on-line Applicaton. For external candidates, applications are considered complete when all required materials are submitted including the following: 1) an on-line application is completed 2) a letter of interest in the position, 3) unoffical copies of all college and/or university transcripts, 4) letter(s) of recommendation from past or current employment related to this position and 5) a current resume. The school district uses an on-line application that is available at www.ccsd89.org. All required documents should be attached to your on-line application. Inquiries should be addressed to the School Principal.