Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for 1:1 Student Care (8 hours per day; student contact days)
Note: This position includes time for bus transportation as this person must ride the bus to and from school with student.
Description: Responsible for providing 1:1 nursing care, including monitoring and treatment, for individual student(s) with medical needs, as determined by the district, during the school day.
- Monitor health condition of student, as directed by LSN and Individual Health Plan.
- Monitor vital signs of student, as needed.
- Administer medications as ordered by Physician and trained by LSN. Provide prompt medical attention to illnesses and injuries of student.
- Communicate with staff and parents, as appropriate.
- Ensure proper documentation of student medications and treatments to be administered, as prescribed daily and as needed. Record and report illnesses and injuries that may arise.
- Assist student with Activities of Daily Living, including educational needs as appropriate. Redirect student as needed and directed by classroom teacher.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or diploma
- Licensed Practical Nurse, CPR/AED certification.
- Experienced LPN including medication administration and health monitoring.
- Skilled in monitoring student health needs.
Work is performed under normal office conditions and there are minimal environmental risks or disagreeable conditions associated with the work. Work involves continuous contacts and interactions with the public, staff, outside agencies, district administrators and others which can involve some disagreeable human interactions/conflicts.
Competitive hourly rate.