Elementary Student Services Coordinator (Long Term Sub)
Perform functions to coordinate various programs for the building and to assist the Principal in establishing and maintaining a safe, positive and academically focused environment. This is a long term substitute assignment.
1. Coordinate special education and early intervention programs within the building: create the meeting calendar, distribute conference notices, collect and complete required documentation and attend meetings.
2. Consult with students, staff and parents on behavioral issues resulting in discipline, determine and communicate follow-up course of action or solutions.
3. Coordinate and supervise lunchroom and recess staff and procedures. Hire, train and evaluate personnel.
4. Coordinate the orientation and indoctrination of new students and parents.
5. Coordinate diagnostic, placement and achievement testing: obtain materials, coordinate times and locations, conduct testing, collect and organize materials and analyze results.
6. Communicate gifted program eligibility to parents and students and act as liaison for questions or concerns.
7. Actively participate and or lead problem solving teams. Provide data and feed back for positive behavior interventions system. Recommend problem solving methods.
8. Coordinate parent volunteer programs and training.
9. Provide counsel and advice to staff on issues relating to curriculum.
10. Assist in new teacher orientation and may conduct formative observations. Act as a mentor.
11. Act as liaison to transportation and lunch vendors.
12. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model on appropriate behaviors ensuring social and emotional development is progressing normally.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with endorsements K-5 endorsement, special education and school leadership experience preferred.
Rate of pay: $210.00/day
Application Procedure: Apply online at http://ipsdweb.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/EmploymentListings
Selection Procedure: Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.