Art (2021-2022 SY)
POSITION PURPOSE: To create and maintain a positive, stimulating environment for students to promote a culture of learning. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students. Prepare, administer and evaluate tests and classroom assignments following curriculum guidelines. Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic difficulties, or special academic interests.
Teaches knowledge and skills in art, including crafts, drawing, painting, lettering, design, commercial art, art history, and/or three-dimensional art, utilizes course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
Provides instruction by which pupils develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation, and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
Demonstrates techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, and modeling, using standard and/or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the need of each pupil with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment.
Instructs pupils in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
Organizes storage areas and controls use of materials, equipment, and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection.
Plans and presents art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit pupils' work for the school and the community.
Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must have completed a program of study in education from an accredited college or university.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
Speak and hear.
Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
REPORTS TO: Principal
DAYS PER YEAR: 190
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Paid on the Certified Personnel Salary Schedule
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Certified
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online by completing an "Certified" application and adding this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print): ___________________________________
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________