Educational Technician II (Children's Collaborative)
Children's Collaborative is looking for an:
Education Technician II (multiple positions) to join the strong team in our special purpose preschool program. Our program offers individually based programming for children ages 2½ to 5 years old. We serve students with a variety of disabilities, including autism, physical disabilities, cognitive disabilities and behavioral challenges.
For more information about Southern Maine Administrative Collaborative, please visit Southern Maine Administrative Collaborative
1. Eligible for appropriate Maine Department of Education certification (022).
2. High School Diploma or GED equivalent, plus 3 years of post-secondary education. (60 credits)
1. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
2. Flexibility, creative problem solver.
3. Understanding and/or willingness to learn about students with special needs.
4. Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills: calmness, kindness, warm and sincere demeanor.
5. Sensitivity to students, parents, team and building needs.
6. Works one to one and with small groups of students to implement curriculum, instruction and assessments.
7. Assists with building duties and routine tasks as assigned by the principal and supervising teachers (i.e. recess, lunch,
bus duty, etc.).
8. Prepares and organizes materials for instruction as requested by teachers and supervisors.
9. Assists in the preparation of and implementation of school wide activities.
10. Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, field trips, etc.
11. Assists students with lunch, snack, and clean up routines.
12. Assists teachers in ensuring that students’ personal, safety and well being needs are met.
13. Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
14. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular
15. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
16. Carries out behavioral programs and expectations for students in the absence of the teacher (recess, lunch, small group
17. Participates in in-service training provided through the district to improve knowledge and skills needed to perform job
18. Participates in staff meetings as needed.
19. Assists Building Leader and office staff with clerical tasks.
20. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Building Leader.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
The School Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district shall actively work to have the teacher and administrator workforce reflect the student body's diversity.
The selection of all employees by the School Department will be based on those with the highest capabilities, the strongest commitment to quality education, and the greatest probability of effectively implementing the learning program. Selections will be made without consideration on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, and any other state or federal prohibitions. For the purpose of this policy, "sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.
Criminal Background Check
All employees of Maine schools must be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check. Please create a log-in and create an account and make an appointment for a fingerprinting appointment at https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting
NOTE: Southern Maine Administrative Collaborative employees are not eligible for Maine State Retirement but are eligible to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan.
Please see other Job Openings at :
Southern Maine Administrative Collaborative