Project Lead - Technology Services - School Year 2021-2022
Job | Posted 19 days ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Project Lead - Technology Services
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of video conferencing software, Zoom preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, , PowerPoint, etc.) and Google (Drive, Slides, etc.).
- Knowledge of Issue Tracking software, KACE preferred.
- Knowledge of financial systems, Munis preferred.
- Ability to track budgets and maintain records.
- Ability to predict change in individual schedule or project/event that best serve the campus/department.
- Ability to present formally & informally to different stakeholders on the state of the projects and processes.
- Ability to be organized, self-motivated, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in an undefined environment and to execute complex activities under pressure.
- At least three years of leading IT related projects.
- K-12 experience preferred.
Responsibilities: Project Support and Communication:
- Oversee project plans, goals, and budgets.
- Develop project schedules.
- Prepare requests for proposals and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products.
- Follow established guidelines for selecting vendors.
- Negotiate contracts as needed.
- Prepare documents for board approvals.
- Identify resources needed and escalate project risks appropriately.
- Assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities.
- Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time project completion including project budgets.
- Monitor contracts including review and approval of payments and change orders; maintain regular communication with service provider and supervisor.
- Monitor vendor performance.
- Plan, write, and oversee preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and customers for effective coordination of projects.
- Maintains a visible presence at department and district events.
- Work with project team to develop practices and procedures that streamline project related processes.
- Serve as the district’s video conferencing system administrator to include license management and allocation.
- Develop and maintain video conferencing training and reference materials for use by other trainers, desktop support and end users.
- Document and propose processes and procedures for District events.
- Maintain Technology Services issue tracking system related to video conferencing and events.
- Provide after-hours/weekend support for special projects, events and emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.