Classified Substitute, District
(Applications are currently being accepted - hiring will begin in July)
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified
(Hourly wage varies upon position) $12.99 – $23.66
Reports to: School Location
School Year/Days: (2021-2022/ Works on an as needed basis)
Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Application Deadline: Continuous Posting
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and completion
To support teachers and staff and enable each child to purse his/her education.
- An eagerness to help students where and when needed.
- Good secretarial skills and knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Word is strongly preferred if you desire to work in an office.
- Willingness and/or experience in helping special needs students if you wish to sub for special education assistants.
- Classroom experience and/or willingness to sub for a regular classroom aide.
- The necessary medical training to sub as a health clerk. Please contact Lead School Nurse 970.348.6284 for information regarding enrollment for the next district health clerk training course available.
- Proficiency in sign language to sub for an interpreter/tutor for our hearing impaired students.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are required for all classified subs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Visual, auditory and ambulatory ability. Must have ability to effectively communicate. Knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to perform the functions of the position as outlined.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.