Computer Science Teacher
Title: Computer Science Teacher
1. Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate Computer Science
2. Bachelor's Degree or Higher
Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Reports To: Principal
Job Objective: To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation. To create and maintain a positive, stimulating environment for students to promote a culture of learning. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students. Prepare, administer and evaluate tests and classroom assignments following curriculum guideline; guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic difficulties, or special academic interests. Commputer science teachers specifically teach students the study of how computers process and store information.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Teach students how to write computer programs, algorithms, and programming languages.
- Teach introductory computer technology and data managment applications.
- Provide developmentally and academically appropriate opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving, with flexibility for meeting individual student needs.
- Plan, create and implement a dynamic classroom environment conductive to learning and relevant to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Select materials and equipment appropriate for the instructional program.
- Model appropriate activities and positive behavior management techniques through daily contact with students and classroom staff.
- Collaborate with other staff in developing plans and sharing best practices to provide comprehensive services to the students and families being served.
- Assist in ensuring parent involvement and/or awareness in program planning through open communications, parent meetings, conferences, and parent newsletters.
- Advocate for parents in accessing resources and support services as needed.
- Ensure compliance with required federal, state, district and school policies regarding documentation and record keeping responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.