Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
Salary: $15 per hour
Contact Days: 163
- Aflac Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Under the direct supervision of the Principal, performs general cleaning and maintenance in school buildings and grounds; works the point of sale in the lunchroom; and provides cleaning and custodial assistance to students, teachers, visitors and others as necessary.
Performs related duties and general maintenance work as required.
- Checks and secures building at beginning and end of shift for the purpose of ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the building.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, cafeterias, restrooms, offices, stairways, and other areas of building according to school district standards.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and blinds.
- Washes walls, woodwork, windows, doors, and sills.
- Removes graffiti, cleans glass areas.
- Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and functional rooms.
- Clears snow from entrances and walks, and spreads sand and ice melting chemicals during school hours.
- Performs grounds-keeping duties, clearing debris.
- Delivers supplies and materials to classrooms, bathrooms, and other areas of the building.
- Empties wastebaskets: picks up and removes trash and assists in recycling program.
- Assists in the cafeteria by working the P.O.S. system and cleaning between lunches
- Performs general cleaning.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Uses hand tools of trade and related power equipment, including brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, shovels,
Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the performance of duties.
Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral or written work orders from supervisor, and to coordinate work with principal and others.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to describe orally or in writing cleaning, maintenance or repair problems as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted during work.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Ability to perform work according to standard procedures and schedule set forth by supervisor(s).
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents and contaminated trash, grasses, pollens, etc.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Previous experience in building and cleaning maintenance desirable.
- Ability to provide own transportation.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon a successful background and references check
- Selected applicant is an employee at will
- Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States
Colorado Early Colleges is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.