Education Specialist: In partnership with iJAG, the Nevada Community School District is seeking an 11th and 12th Grade Education Specialist to ensure that 35-40 students, who are at risk of dropping out of school and/or failing, successfully transition into the workplace achieve expected outcomes, including graduation and placement into post-secondary education, the workforce and/or the military. To achieve the expected outcomes, the Specialist will provide targeted youth with employability and life survival skills through classroom instruction of 37 core competencies, guidance/counseling, academic remediation, work-based learning experiences, summer activities, post-secondary, and career advisement; providing a twelve-month follow up period following graduation. This position is a full-time, year-round position dedicated 100 percent to the implementation of the JAG model.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service, counseling, business, education, or a related discipline is preferred. Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience may be considered.
- Experience in Secondary and/or Post-Secondary education settings.
- Skills in human relations, leadership, supervision, and motivational techniques.
- Ability and interest to work 12 months per year.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish appropriate boundaries while developing and nurturing supportive relationships with students.
- Ability to educate a variety of constituencies and interested parties about the program by developing ongoing relationships and making formal presentations.
- Ability to develop curriculum, projects and/or other educational opportunities consistent with the goals of iJAG.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as word processing, Excel, and electronic data tracking, using the iJAG Internet-based data management system (JAGForce).
Deadline for Application: Open until position is filled.