High School MTSS Math Interventionist
Job | Posted 2 months ago
CARROLLTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
High School Math MTSS Interventionist Teacher
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Day-to-Day implementation of data-driven MTSS program.
REPORTS TO: Shawn Thelen, High School Principal
COMPENSATION: Per the Carrollton Education Association Master Agreement.
Will consider years of experience when negotiating salary. Grant Funded Position
- Possession of a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate in grades 6-12 Math (BX) preferred.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to work well with staff, parents, students, and administration.
- Must be willing to receive additional training to improve job skills.
- Must satisfactorily pass:
- Law enforcement background checks with fingerprinting.
- Personal and professional reference background check.
- Must receive a satisfactory response to P.A. 189 letter (Misconduct letter).
- Must possess or be willing to complete training to become Adult/Infant/CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Experience working with high school-aged students preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the education field preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Diagnose reading deficits and direct the implementation of Tier 2&3, small group, evidence-based interventions in reading to support other core content areas.
- Knowledge and experience in teaching math standards, and strategies to high school students who have gaps in their learning.
- Increase the capacity of school teams to use the MTSS framework in making data-based decisions about instructional core and tiered content to accelerate and maximize student academic outcomes.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, school-based instructional teams, and school leaders.
- Work with leadership to develop a process to document and progress monitor intervention plans used to improve student achievement.
- Ability and willingness to work with students who are struggling learners while implementing positive behavior support as part of an effective overall classroom management strategy.
- Ability to keep all student and parent information confidential.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in working with students, parents, other staff members, and community members who visit Carrollton Public Schools facilities or programs.
- Ability and willingness to lead activity programs for children.
- Must be able to lift and assist students when necessary.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask.
- High level of proficiency in the Google Suite of products (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc), Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Shall be of good character with high moral and ethical values.
- To ensure a safe environment for students at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal/coordinator.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of the Carrollton Public School District that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, disability, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. For information, inquiries, or to file a complaint, contact the Superintendent of Carrollton Public Schools at PO Box 517, Carrollton, MI 48724. (989) 754-1475.
Equal Opportunity Employer