Speech Language Pathologist
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Glen Ellyn School District 41 is Seeking a .60 FTE Part Time Speech Language Pathologist at Lincoln Elementary for the 2021-2022 School Year
Licensure Requirements: PEL(Professional Educator Licensure) with SLP endorsement.
Medical and Dental Benefits eligible
Candidate requirements and experience:
- Use observations and a wide range of tools and assessment instruments to assist with identifying strengths and weaknesses of students for screening, service delivery, and evaluation purposes
- Strong oral and written communication skills with team members and parents
- Work collaboratively with teachers, team members, parents, administrators, and outside agencies
- Complete and maintain necessary IEP, evaluation, and progress monitoring paperwork
- Demonstrate professionalism by participating in a professional learning community
- Strive to provide services in the least restrictive environment, and demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
- Make solid, classroom-based recommendations based on research
- Resolve conflicts, problem solve difficult issues, and appreciate differences of opinion
- Maintain professional demeanor and complete responsibilities and tasks
All District 41 employees are expected to maintain high standards in their school relationships, to demonstrate integrity and honesty, to be considerate and cooperative, and to maintain professional relationships with students, parents, staff members, and others.
Teachers employed by the Board to teach in District 41 schools are subject to applicable state and federal laws and regulations, the policies and procedures of the Board of Education and the collective bargaining agreement applicable to the Teacher. All aforementioned may be amended or modified from time-to-time.
In filling a vacancy the district's first concern is to maintain and improve the service it renders to children.