Instructional Coach (K-12) @ Constellation Schools: Old Brooklyn Elementary
Reports To: Professional Development Program Coordinator
Position Summary: The Instructional Coach is responsible for facilitating State mandated programs (RESA, assessments) and provides support, and professional development coaching to all teachers. The Instructional Coach observes and provides feedback to teachers based upon established standards. The Instructional Coach collaborates with teachers to provide guidance, training, and mentoring as needed to promote both academic and professional growth goals. The Instructional Coach focuses on practical strategies for engaging students and improving their learning with technology integration and the use of data to drive instruction. The Instructional Coach works as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning and growth, in alignment with Constellation Schools model and expectations.
Status: Full time, contracted. Position begins 5 work days prior to the new teacher start date. Supplemental of 5 additional days will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a knowledge base of effective strategies and builds teacher capacity to implementeffective instructional practices to improve student learning and performance.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and units of instruction, and assess student learning and instructional effectiveness.
- Ensure that staff are effective users of current educational research and student data to drive instruction for maximum student growth.
- Provides mentoring to Resident Educators ensuring their compliance with all 4 years of the program and support their completion of their Summative Assessment. (RESA)
- Instruct and support teachers with curriculum software, & traditional resources, and classroom/curriculum/instructional related technologies.
- Co-teach and model lessons.
- Coordinates the resolution of Progress Book, NWEA and other digital curriculum issues at the building level.
- Participates in planning and/or presenting at Constellation in-service, collaboration days and other Professional Development events.
- Provides on-site staff development for curriculum/assessment maps and pacing where appropriate.
- Provide job-embedded, meaningful professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Assist with the identification, selection, and development of instructional technology solutions and related training materials for the purpose of providing users with tools needed to support student growth.
- Assists students and or teachers with technology or technology-related issues, as appropriate, and seeks assistance when needed.
- Utilize emerging instructional technology to enhance student learning.
- Selects and recommends, to PD Team, specific Professional Development workshops designed to assist teachers attaining HQT.
- Adheres to the Staff Handbook and all Constellation Policies.
- Represents the organization professionally and acts in a respectful manner.
- Remains available, at reasonable times, according to current policies of Constellation Schools, to attend all specified organizational meetings, staff meetings, and Constellation events, as and when required.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality in the performance of all assigned duties.
- Collaborates with coach colleagues across divisions to ensure optimum teacher and student benefits.
- Engages in professional exchanges to resolve conflict and strengthen relationships.
- Presents new concepts and works to collectively recommend improved practice where improvement is determined to be necessary.
- Supports a culture of change by being a positive role model.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education and a current Ohio teaching certificate are required.
- 3-5 years of classroom teaching experience required.
- 3-5 teacher mentoring experience preferred.
- 2 years professional development experience educating teachers or other adults in the integration of technology for instruction and productivity using all of the following modes: modeling, one-on-one, small group, or large group preferred.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Ability to use and analyze multiple data points to support teachers in effort to maximize student learning.
- Accuracy in keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data with attention to detail.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.