Multi-tiers of Support (MTSS) Lead (K-5)
POSITION: MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Support) Lead Teacher (K-5) Tremont ES 1 FTE
SALARY: Based on UAEA Collective Bargaining Agreement Salary Schedule
CALENDAR: 186 days plus the expectation for up to 10 days of extended days that will be scheduled annually in collaboration with the Curriculum Director
REPORTS TO: Curriculum Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular/Full-time
LICENSURE: ODE Licensed Educator
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university
- Appropriate State of Ohio licensure
- 5 years prior teaching experience is preferable
- Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide targeted and focused MTSS professional learning for staff:
- what it means to develop and sustain a multi-tiered system of support, differentiation, Universal Screeners, baseline assessments, etc.
ongoing conferencing with grade level teams of teachers to enhance our culture of learning (instructional coaching)
Support the teaching and learning professional learning focus on Tier 1, 2, and 3 levels of intervention
Be trained in efficient meeting facilitation to make that a part of the culture of the building around MTSS.
Implement meeting protocols and process in each building to ensure consistency
Serve as the internal lead trainer/coach for data collection, interpretation and utilization of software systems ( Branching Minds, Panorama, others)
Assist in identifying and connecting resources to support the tiers, with a focus on in-class tier one supports, and in-class tier two supports for differentiation
Coordinate with building principal and MTSS Building Teams
Coordinate, arrange and schedule needed meetings in collaboration with the building principal and secretarial support
Employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance, use in the workplace throughout his/her employment with the District.