MS Assistant Volleyball Coach
MS Assistant Volleyball Coach
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The MS Assistant Voleyball Coach is responsible for the development of each student-athlete in his or her charge and for working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The MS Assistant Volleyball Coach at PRA will:
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and High School Athletic League
- Work directly with the Head Coach and Athletic Director
- Work closely with the head coach to develop and build a competitive sports program
- Organize parents, coaches, and athlets for pre-season meetings
- Supervise practices, games, and team trips
- Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success
- Be responsible for all equipment and uniform issuance, collection, and storage
- Maintain good public relations with media, Booster Club, volunteers
- Assist with procedures for keeping parents and athletes informed
- Assist with the enforcement of the PRA athletic department policy to address issues or concerns with parents and players
- Update the head coach and athletic director frequently during the season about any issues, concerns, and highlights
- Attend all required meetings and submit all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school athletic program and school community
- Communicate and work with the School Nurse and Athletic Trainer
- Complete required post-season forms
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Appropriate Middle School level Coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport or coaching in general
- Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System
- Provide instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of staff, students, Board of Directors, Administrators and parents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.
This is a seasonal and stipend position.