School Social Worker
DESCRIPTION: School Social Worker
The Social Worker is responsible for working with our team of teachers, administrators, pupil services staff, and parents to promote and support students' academic and social success. The successful candidate will provide specialized services for our high school population, including group and individual counseling, as well as disseminating information for community resources and supports.
JOB DESCRIPTION: See the attached
- CT Certification - 071 or the ability to qualify, with appropriate endorsement(s), and expertise in curriculum sub-areas
- Ideally, three (3) years professional experience in social work
- A thorough knowledge of present practices and current trends in social work
- Experience in working directly with students and families
- A working knowledge of community resources
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Appropriate communication skills - both oral and written
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement operating systems (i.e. Windows); office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); presentation software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); communication and collaboration tools (i.e. Skype, GoogleMeet); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, PowerSchool); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position
The Housatonic Valley Regional High School is a regional high school located in the town of Falls Village, CT that serves Regional School District #1, which is composed of the towns of Canaan, Cornwall, Kent, North Canaan, Salisbury, and Sharon. The school houses approximately 300 students and offers a wide range of academic programs and electives that compliment the general education program.
Interview with a possible call back.
Regional School District No. 1 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.