High School Social Studies Teacher
The High School Social Studies Teacher shall:
1. Hold a New Jersey Instructional Certificate (Standard, CE or CEAS Certification) with documentation of being Highly Qualified in Secondary Social Studies with intention of becoming certified in NJ Special Education.
2. OR hold a Teacher of Handicapped with documentation of being Highly Qualified in Secondary Social Studies
3. OR hold a Teacher of Secondary Social Studies with intention of becoming certified in NJ Special Education.
4. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Secondary Social Studies curriculum, development and program evaluation and show evidence of how the content can be organized into lessons for secondary students.
5. Demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills and the ability to motivate and instruct students.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning.
7. Demonstrate enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
8. Showcase expertise and experience in using 21st Century based/Web 2.0 technology tools and protocols.
The High School Social Studies teacher at Y.A.L.E. School assumes the professional responsibility for providing learning experiences in social studies and supervision of assigned students in a safe, supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the New Jersey Department of Education’s Common Core/Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the High School Social Studies teacher work collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with parents.
In addition, the High School Social Studies teacher will strive to meet the highly effective criteria for the preparation of lesson plans, the use of data to drive instruction, the delivering of quality instruction, addressing the needs of diverse learners through differentiation, classroom environment, leadership, and professionalism.
Y.A.L.E. School provides a positive approach to learning for students with disabilities 3 to 21 years of age, who need a specialized setting in order to benefit from education.
Established in 1976, Y.A.L.E. School has an impressive track record of success. We are a New Jersey state-approved private school for students with disabilities.
On our campuses, Y.A.L.E. School serves students with social, emotional, learning, and behavioral disabilities from Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem counties.
Competitive salary and benefits package.