Posted a day ago
- Baker School District is currently seeking a candidate for a Head Cook position – 7.5 hours a day four days a week through the end of the 2021-2022 school year and will resume approximately 1 week prior to the beginning of the next school year.
- Position located at Haines Elementary.
POSITION OVERVIEW• Under general direction, plans, prepares, cooks, and serves meals in large quantities to students and staff in a cafeteria setting; maintains required food service and production records; performs other job-related duties as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and serve meals from a basic menu; maintaining quality and portion control.
- Determines the quantities of each food to be prepared daily according to a planned menu using tested and uniform recipes.
- Compile, order, and store needed supplies.
- Keep records on meals and snacks served, food and beverages, and inventory.
- Supervises and instructs student helpers in the safe and proper methods to assist in serving.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment, and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware, and utensils.
- Reports to the Food Service Director any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Competence in supervising others.
- A proficiency in the preparation of large quantities of food.
- Good human relations with the ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- A neat appearance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- 2021-2022 Salary Scale $12.83 - $16.13 per hour. Placement for a new employee on the salary schedule will be in accordance with the BSD 5J/OSEA collective bargaining agreement.
- Baker School District 5J offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for health and retirement. In addition, the District pays the six percent (6%) employee PERS contribution required by ORS 238.200 and ORS 238A.330.
DISTRICT POLICYIt is the District’s policy to provide veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.
During the application process, a veteran will need to submit the following:
- Copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215). OR Proof of receiving a non-service connected pension from the US Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs.
- Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veterans disability preference letter.
- Online Application
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- 2 Current Letters of Recommendation