FACS Teacher -Long Term Sub
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Career and Technical Education
$125.00 per day for the first 10 days
$175.00 per day on the 11th day through the remainder of the assignment
In accordance with School and APT Calendar
Long Term Substitute: 8/16/21 - 1/28/22
- Plan and instruct students on District and Illinois State Standards aligned curriculum.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
- Diligent in entering student grade information into appropriate computer databases in a timely manner.
- Develop lesson plans and goals that meet District expectations.
- Conduct and interpret formal and informal assessments to evaluate student progress, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
- Meet regularly with support teachers, paraprofessionals and specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs are met by enriching or modifying lessons, curriculum, materials, and resources as needed.
- Set clear expectations for class and manage classroom and school environment applying positive behavior supports and interventions as needed. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model by encouraging appropriate behaviors that lead to social, emotional and physical development.
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and incorporate best practices or new strategies.
- Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day such as orientation, open houses, conferences, or extra-curricular activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Please refer to the attached job description.
- Valid State of Illinois Professional Educator License with appropriate endorsements registered in Will County/Region 56
- Certificate of good health signed by a licensed medical provider
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator or designee.