Part-time Social-Emotional Learning Teacher
POSITION: Part-time (.5) Social-Emotional Learning Teacher at Severance Middle School. Starting August 4, 2021. Must hold a Colorado license. Part-time, 185 day calendar.
SALARY RANGE: Salary placement is based on years of experience and education. Final placement will be based on the approved 2021-2022 salary schedule.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Valid Colorado Teaching License
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, and staff.
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SEL POSITION:
- Provide instruction using a spiraled and differentiated universal social-emotional learning curriculum that is taught to all Kindergarten through 5th grade students as part of the “specials” rotation that provides plan time to classroom teachers.
- Teach CASEL SEL competencies, CDE Essential Skill standards, Health standards, Digital Citizenship standards & Counseling standards
- Lead and communicate with a team of teachers that support the teaching of SEL
- Collaborate with the counseling team to develop authentic, impactful SEL lessons.
- Work closely with the PBIS team with administrative support.
- Communicate the SEL weekly curriculum with all staff. Connections for students and staff should be evident in all contents and skills transferred across the building.
- Communicate SEL topics and activities with the wider community.
- Assist the administration by being a member of the crisis team.
- Help with supervision across the building.
OVERALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall be knowledgeable about strategies, planning practices, assessment techniques and appropriate accommodations to ensure student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Elementary teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and other core content areas
- Shall enhance content instruction with a thorough understanding of District and State content standards.
- Integrate literacy into content area instruction.
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping procedures that will support and enhance student learning.
- Communicates with students, families, and colleagues concerning student academic and behavioral progress.
- Employs a wide range of teaching techniques to match the intellectual, emotional, and social level of each student, and chooses alternative teaching strategies and materials to achieve different curricular purposes.
- Collects data on individual student achievement and is accountable for each child's learning.
- Shall be knowledgeable about student electronic database and grading software.
- Review and apply individualized education programs, individual literacy plans, or advance learning plans.
- Shall be skilled in technology and is knowledgeable about using technology to support instruction and enhance student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Upholds all policies, rules and regulations, standards, and expectations that may be established by the Board of Education, state and federal authorities, and immediate supervisor.
- Maintains records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations in a timely and confidential manner.
- Demonstrates professional cooperative relationship with others.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attends staff meetings, serves on committees, and attends workshops or in-service training activities.
- Weld RE-4 employees shall comply with standard practices and ethical conduct toward information and information technology, students, professional colleagues, school officials, parents, and members of the community. In conscientiously conducting his or her affairs, the employee shall exemplify the highest standards of professional commitment.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the immediate Supervisor, Superintendent, or Board of Education.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Annually as approved by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: As specified in Policy GCOA and appropriate rules and procedures.
BENEFITS: Weld RE-4 School District offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit-eligible employees. In addition, 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). Paid leave is provided based on the employee's benefit eligibility status and work calendar. To learn more about our benefits, please see the benefit schedule on our website HERE