Elementary Instructional Coach (Burnett Creek Elementary & Cole Elementary Schools)
Posted 3 months ago
Any candidate recommended for hire may be asked to complete an expanded criminal history clearance at their cost (starting at $28.85).
Elementary Instructional Coach - This position will be split between Burnett Creek Elementary and Cole Elementary Schools
The TSC is seeking an instructional leader to serve as an Instructional Coach guiding others in best practice strategies.
The roles and responsibilities of the coaches in our district include:
Classroom Supporter – Increase the quality and effectiveness of classroom instruction.
• Model lessons in classrooms. Components of modeling include planning with the teacher or team prior to teaching the lesson, delivering the lesson, debriefing with the teacher or team, and coaching/mentoring the teacher’s follow-up lessons.
• Provide Materials.
• Provide confidential feedback.
Curriculum Specialist – Ensure implementation of Indiana Academic Standards.
• Provide assistance in aligning curriculum with Indiana Academic Standards.
Learning Facilitator – Design collaborative, job-embedded, standards-based professional learning.
• Plan, implement, and follow through with training.
• Facilitate teacher study groups.
Data Coach – Ensure that student achievement data drives instructional decisions at the classroom and school level.
• Utilize student performance data, by school and by teacher, to assess instructional coaching needs of individual teachers.
School Leader – Work collaboratively with the school’s formal leadership to design, implement, and assess school change initiatives to ensure alignment and focus on intended results.
• Collaborate with the school leadership team to establish a school culture of trust so that coaching is viewed in a positive light by teachers and as a vehicle to assist teachers in improving their practice.
• Cultivate a culture that supports innovation and continuous improvement of teaching.
Mentor – Increase instructional skills of the novice teacher and support school-wide instructional activities.
• Orient and mentor beginning teachers and those new to TSC.
Resource Provider – Expand teachers’ use of a variety of resources to improve instruction.