2021/22 CNS Team Lead, Middle School
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
To lead the middle school campus food service operation to ensure that high quality, nutritious meals are provided on time to students in a safe and sanitary environment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Produce and maintain a balanced employee work and rotation schedule by directing daily activities of employees in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Ensure that kitchen staff follows all TDA, USDA, school district, health department, Southwest Foodservice Excellence regulatory rules and procedures.
- Ensure that all correct procedures are followed, and paperwork completed, including but not limited to ordering, inventorying, production planning, work scheduling, safety training, and cash handling.
- Ensure that all necessary production is taking place and quality is at prescribed levels according to the menu, recipe specifications, and operational standards defined by department’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise, train, and cross-train all employees in food safety, physical safety, food preparation, cash handling, standards adherence and other CNS procedures to ensure the safety, well-being and work output of others.
- Understand, implement, demonstrate, and train sanitation standards.
- Manage food and labor costs as it relates to the overall operation of the campus cafeteria.
- Monitor and manage Kronos timekeeping system for employees.
- Act as the primary liaison between the Child Nutrition Services department and the school administration.
- Coordinate, actively participate, and document results for monthly and quarterly promotions.
- Actively participate in campus and department committees as needed.
- Train and mentor student food service workers and dietetic interns as needed.
- Provide food service during school district emergencies and sheltering situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, friendly working relationships with students, staff and the community.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide daily operational oversight to middle school campus cafeteria staff.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Food Handler’s Card from Williamson County or Travis County Health Department.
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License. Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- One-year school food service experience in a lead role preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety rules and regulations.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers, calculate numbers, multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance; apply common sense understanding to carry out basic but detailed, written or oral instructions including being able to read menus and directions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations; organize.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work in kitchen environment where temperatures are sometimes high.
- May be exposed to cold and freezing temperatures.
- Must be able to work around equipment producing steam and hot temperatures.
- May be exposed to strong smells from food products.
- May be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- Move about on wet or slippery floors.
- Needs to be able to move kitchen and food supplies up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Needs to be able to move around kitchen and cafeteria to prepare food and assist in cafeteria management.
- Must be able to stand in stationary position for sustained periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer