2021/22 CNS Assistant Team Lead, Elementary & Middle School
Job | Posted 9 days ago
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
To ensure that high quality, nutritious meals are provided to students in a safe and sanitary environment. May assist in overseeing (in absence of CNS Team Lead) campus food service operations in accordance with department rules and regulations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist other workers in how to set up, serve, and replenish food from counters and steam tables and breaking down stations at the end of the meal period.
- Ensure that all necessary production is taking place and quality is at prescribed levels.
- Must be well versed in sanitation standards and cash handling procedures.
- Follow and lead others to follow all school district, health department and Southwest Food Service Excellence regulatory rules and procedures.
- Ensure all correct procedures are followed, and paperwork completed, including but not limited to ordering, inventorying, production planning, work scheduling, safety training, and cash handling.
- Assist with training all employees in food safety, physical safety, food preparation, cash handling, standards adherence and other CNS procedures to ensure the safety, well-being and work output of others.
- Assist with managing food and labor costs as it relates to the overall operation of the campus cafeteria.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed, along with ordering and inventorying food and supplies for kitchen operation.
- Receives stock; assists in maintaining an accurate inventory; puts up food and supplies on shelves and dates them; rotates stock as necessary; and identifies food and supplies to be ordered.
- Sets up serving line and serves meals to students and staff.
- Operate cash register during breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with kitchen duties between cashiering responsibilities when time permits.
- Removes soiled dishes; cleans up the serving line; mops, sweeps, and operates the dishwasher; assists with all other work necessary to restore the kitchen, eating, and storage areas to sanitary standards.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In the absence of the Team Lead, may provide some oversight of food service workers in daily operation of cafeteria.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Food Handler/s Card from Williamson County or Travis County Health Department.
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License. Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Minimum six months experience in school food service and one year food service lead experience.
- Knowledge of food preparation and serving practices, kitchen safety and sanitation standards, and simple arithmetic.
- Skill in food preparation, planning, organization, communication, and operating kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, friendly working relationships with students, staff and the community; add and subtract two-digit numbers, calculate numbers, multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance; apply common sense understanding to carry out basic but detailed, written or oral instructions including being able to read menus and directions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations; organize.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work in kitchen environment where temperatures are sometimes high.
- May be exposed to cold and freezing temperatures.
- Must be able to work around equipment producing steam and hot temperatures.
- May be exposed to strong smells from food products.
- May be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- Move about on wet or slippery floors.
- Needs to be able to move kitchen and food supplies up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, sit and bend to perform cafeteria duties.
- Needs to be able to move around kitchen and cafeteria to prepare food and assist in cafeteria management.
- Must be able to stand in stationary position for sustained periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer