Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor
Job | Posted 20 days ago
TITLE: FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
- Post-high school degree or certification preferred
- Good physical health
- Demonstrated skills in communication (oral and written)
- Must possess supervisory skills
- Have general knowledge of land descriptions and leases
- Have general knowledge of building trades
- Able to set priorities
SUPERVISES: Maintenance personnel
REPORTS TO: Chief of Operations
JOB GOAL: To maintain the physical plants in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of them may be made at all times. Serve as District Risk Manager.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including but not limited to:
- To manage and supervise all buildings and repair projects.
- Maintains safety standards and compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and policies with regard to school building and grounds and risk management.
- Develops a program of preventive safety rules.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises all maintenance and grounds personnel. Makes recommendations for personnel employment, transfer, promotion, and release.
- Administers the building purchased services and landscape maintenance.
- Authorizes purchases in accordance with budgetary limitations and district rules.
- Maintains all district owned physical plant equipment and develops plans for preventive maintenance.
- Submits all reports required by the State Department of Education.
- Examines school buildings on a regular basis for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Establishes priorities on repair projects.
- Estimates the cost of repair projects.
- Lays out and inspects work and assists maintenance crew members.
- Develops a system for dealing with emergency repair problems with efficiency.
- Establishes a regular preventative maintenance program.
- Maintains and submits records as are required to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Develops recommendations for future growth and building land needs.
- Have a working relationship with contractors and architects.
- Cooperates with principals and site supervisors to ensure that facilities maintain a clean and orderly environment and experience the many benefits that come from pride and ownership among students, faculty and the support of the community.
- Successfully completes the district staff development program.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance
- Supports the Hattiesburg Public School District Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan
- Performs other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Trustees