District Math Instructional Coach (6th-12th Grade)
For School Year 2021-2022
194- Work Day Calendar
Annual Salary: $46,755+ (Salary placement is based on experience and education level.)
Click on the following link to view the full salary range on the License Salary Schedule: https://www.hsd2.org/Page/1978
As part of the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Department, the District Math Instructional Coach will work under the direction and supervision of the Curriculum Coordinator. The District Math Instructional Coach serves as a teacher leader in math instruction and effective implementation of the district math curriculum for secondary classrooms across the District. The District Math Instructional Coach facilitates professional development related to the district’s instruction and curriculum goals for students. The District Math Instructional Coach is responsible for on-going support for the effective use of instructional strategies that best support implementation of the education programs and providing professional development for the growth of teachers. In addition, the District Math Instructional Coach is part of a larger team that provides resources to teachers and administrators to drive instruction that leads to higher levels of student achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports teachers by planning, collaborating and mentoring to support the improvement of the instructional practices according to the district’s adopted curriculum.
- Observes work of teaching staff in order to identify strengths/areas of improvement by coaching teachers (e.g. co-teach, model, demonstrate, observe, and provide feedback) to recommend changes that will strengthen teaching skills.
- The instructional coach may, as needed, model classroom instruction either for direct learning by students or for demonstrating effective teaching practices for teachers, specialists, and support staff, based on the eight mathematical teaching practices (NCTM).
- As a teacher leader, the instructional coach develops and facilitates professional learning opportunities for administrators, teachers, and support staff in areas such as, curriculum, instructional strategies, and classroom management.
- The instructional coach develops, obtains, maintains, and provides student data related to the specific content areas. The instructional coach provides leadership in assessing the data and communicating the results to school team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math Education required.
- Minimum five years of teaching experience in the area of mathematics.
- Successful teaching experience in a math classroom as well as advanced knowledge and skill in applying instructional best practices. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate regarding education pedagogy and to coach and support staff and teacher colleagues so they may effectively implement best practices. Successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities.
- Advanced oral and written communication, English language, presentation/training, critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills. Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations governing school systems and programs including current trends in education methods for students. Knowledge of classroom management and conflict resolution. Knowledge of and experience in Professional Learning Communities.
- Ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job. Ability to promote and follow Board of Education, Superintendent, school and department policies and procedures. Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Possess, or be eligible for, Colorado Department of Education Teaching License with a Mathematics endorsement.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
Apply online at www.hsd2.org to complete an online application. After completing your application, you must apply to each position that is of interest to you.