Secretary/Paraprofessional - Elementary Classroom Assistant
Job | Posted a month ago
Elementary Classroom Assistant - El Puente Elementary
Classroom Assistant - Class I - 29.75 hours week - school year employment
- Ability to perform CPI. Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certified or willingness to be trained.
- Physical ability to lift/transfer students.
- MUST BE FLUENT SPANISH SPEAKER.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to follow lesson plans with individual or small groups. (support on or above grade level students).
- Ability to provide behavior supports calmly and effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt quickly in a changing environment.
- Ability to work under the supervision of the certified staff.
- Ability to assist in implementing/monitoring behavior plans and ability to redirect behaviors.
- Ability to provide support and accommodations in classrooms.
- Ability to assist in other miscellaneous functions as required by building administrator.
- Ability to manage multiple transitions of students and materials between classrooms on a daily basis.
- Flexibility with a changing schedule.
- Prepare rooms and materials for daily activities.
- Assist in making materials for the classroom.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment and materials used in the classroom.
- Assist with keeping records and files.
- Building relationships with students.
- Support structure and routine.
- Provide sensory breaks as appropriate.
- Partner with building administrator and support staff for ongoing training and coaching.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
Interview process may be required.
ETS Paraprofessional Assessment if needed (see below):
Must meet the highly qualified requirements as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act by achieving one of the following:
- Already completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (equal to 60 semester hours); or
- Already obtained an associate’s degree (or higher); or
- Agree to take and satisfactorily pass the ETS Paraprofessional Assessment (basic reading, writing, and mathematic skills).
Please apply online
Jenison Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or limited English proficiency in any of its programs or activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, Jenison Public Schools, 8375 20th Avenue, Jenison MI 49428, (616)457-8890.