SPED Learning Resource Teacher – 4th Grade
Learning Resource Teacher
(Fixed Base, LD, ED)
Qualifications: Wyoming PTSB Certification in assigned area
Report To: Building Principal
Supervises: Instructional Aide(s) when appropriate
Job Goal: To provide quality instructional services to disabled children according to each child's Individual Educational Plan
(In addition to the duties of a regular education teacher, the following responsibilities will also apply.)
- Abides by Board Policies and other state and federal regulations concerning disabled students.
- Seeks a cooperative working relationship with the staff of the building in which the teacher is assigned, as well as the District Central Office.
- Exercises mature and professional judgment in teaching and in dealings with the staff and students.
- Participates in professional activities as part of the teaching assignment.
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism and ethics.
- Maintains confidentiality of information concerning colleagues, students, and parents.
- Maintains adequate and current knowledge of developments within the respective teaching areas and with the areas of instruction and learning.
- Serves on assigned school child study committee concerning disabled children, when appropriate.
- Provides appropriate educational appraisal for referred students, including written program recommendations.
- Provides direct instructional service to identified disabled students according to their approved IEP.
- Provides consultation services concerning the disabled student to teachers and parents.
- Maintains student records necessary for continuous evaluation concerning student's IEP.
- Assists in curriculum development for disabled students.
- Performs such other duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment: Designated by Contract
Evaluation: Evaluation will be performed by the immediate supervisor.