IT Technician - Part-time
IT Support Technician Part Time
Under the direct supervision of the IT Director, this position will troubleshoot and
repair computer hardware, software, and resolve immediate computer operational problems.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
• Install and maintain computer operating systems, application software, and related
• Maintain the district's Chromebook fleet.
• Perform basic virus removal on infected devices.
• Perform hardware and software repair (computers, printers, projectors, Smart Boards and programs).
• Respond to the help desk ticket system in a timely fashion and prioritize tickets.
• Provide technical support to users of hardware and software.
• Assist in record-keeping regarding the functioning and inventory of the school district's
computers and related equipment, repairs, etc.
• Well versed in Google Workspace apps - Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides & etc.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Travel to school district locations to repair hardware, install software and assist end users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software installation procedures.
• Basic knowledge of all school district personal computer and software applications.
• Ability to inspect, assess, troubleshoot and repair computer network system, hardware
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of end-users.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with staff
• High School diploma.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Previous experience with Chromebooks preferred.
• Related college, technical school, or certifications a plus.
• Motor Vehicle Operator's License and/or ability to provide own transportation.
Selection Procedure: Selection of employees will be made on the basis of occupational qualification, education and character and without regard to age, sex, race, creed, color or national origin. EOE/AA