Child Nutrition Specialist - 2021-2022 school year
Child Nutrition Manager
Prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Proficient in English language
Mandatory trainings are required as determined by Aledo ISD
Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Food Preparation and Serving
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
2. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
3. Practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
4. Supervise storage and handling of food items and supplies. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
5. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
6. Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
7. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
8. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
9. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
10. Complete assignments in timely, economic, and efficient manner.
11. Adhere to professional conduct at all times.
12. Report injuries to supervisor.
13. Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
14. Help record food requisitions and orders necessary supplies.
15. Maintain daily food preparation records.
16. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
Large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, sharp
cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, and food and utility cart.
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling; frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and
climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying; moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold
temperatures, maintaining emotional control under stress.
Starting salary 10.97 an hour - additional hourly rate will be determined for any related work experience.
Hours range from 4-6.5 hrs a day, 5 days a week