Summer School-Social Worker
ROCKFORD PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT #205
Job Title: School Social Worker
Job Code: 9640
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Assistant Principal of Social Work
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
School social work services involve direct services to pupils and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Maintaining, as a primary focus, the right of all children to a free and appropriate education and to supportive services if needed.
- Counseling (group and individual) or casework with the pupil and family aimed at enhancing the pupil’s educational experience.
- Identifying those factors in a child’s living situation (home, school and community) which impinge upon his/her experience in the educational setting.
- Mobilizing family, school and community resources to enable the child to receive maximum benefit from his/her educational program.
- Preparing social developmental assessments, including cultural and adaptive characteristics, which systematically appraise the degree to which affective, developmental, environmental, health and interpersonal relations factors affect a pupil’s ability to learn.
- In order to perform some of these duties, it may be necessary to transport students, parents and other family members to or from school sponsored activities and events. This option will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- Encourage student attendance by recognizing student attendance patterns and intervening as appropriate.
- Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the supervisor and the supervisor may make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the interest of the school district.
- All administrative actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the strategic plan of the Rockford Board of Education.
- Illinois Type 73 certificate in Social Work
- Bilingual as required by location.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Master’s Degree in Social Work
Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of work.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: In compliance with the ISBE standards for School Social Work
This job description describes duties and responsibilities which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the school district and employee and is subject to change by the school district as the needs of the school district and requirements of the job change.