Early Childhood Teacher - CDHS (Pool - Various Location TBD)
GRADE: G7 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $15.78- $19.45)
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $15.78
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 080618
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
Work Year Will Start August 2021
SUMMARY: Provide a developmentally appropriate preschool program in an inclusive classroom serving 3, 4 and 5-year-olds that may have a disability, may be typically developing or may be at risk for delays in learning and development. Collaborate with team members including early childhood teachers and assistants as well as special education related service providers to plan appropriate learning experiences and to carry out ongoing child assessment in accordance with district and state requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. In collaboration with team members, design and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans, learning environments, and daily routines that support positive outcomes for young children. Facilitate play-based learning opportunities that support individual child goals. Interact with children in warm, supportive and responsive ways. Use positive guidance strategies to minimize challenging behaviors. Use National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC) guidelines, the Colorado Quality Standards and the Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines to inform program design and implementation. Follow guidance from special education service providers for modifying activities and using assistive technology effectively. Use ongoing authentic assessment to monitor child progress, inform planning and meet district and state reporting requirements.
2. Prepare learning materials, update learning centers, maintain classroom supplies and maintain a clean educational environment in accordance with State regulations.
3. Coordinate with team members to help keep families informed about classroom news and important resources available in the district and the community. Respond to family questions and concerns. Schedule and complete family conferences in order to share child progress. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
4. Collaborate with early childhood education administration to train, supervise and support early childhood teacher (ECT) assistants. Prioritize, schedule and assign work.
5. Perform clerical duties related to State licensing, Results Matter, Child Find, the Colorado Preschool Program and other related work.
6. Meet weekly with classroom teams to plan lessons, review child progress and strengthen coordination of team functioning.
7. Participate in required early childhood education professional development activities and maintain up-to-date certification in district and state required areas.
8. Through the use of district information technology systems, perform financial responsibilities by submitting timely purchase reports for supplies and materials.
9. Performed assigned duties pertaining to Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) screenings
10. Perform other related job duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• All candidates must be Early Childhood Teacher qualified consistent with Colorado Dept. of Human Services regulations through one of the following means
• Experience with preschool-age children required.
• Experience with implementation of curriculum, lesson planning, data collection and supervision and management of adults is preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR and First Aid certifications within three months of entering position.
• Universal Precautions and Medication training required within three months of entering position.
• Successful completion of a pre-hire post-offer physical examination.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to our Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.