Early Childhood Teaching Assistant (CDHS) - Various Locations (TBD)
GRADE: G5 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $14.65 - $18.06)
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $14.65
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 34
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 050322
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – PERMANENT
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
Work Year Begins in August 2021
SUMMARY: Work collaboratively with a team to support students in an engaging environment. Work under the supervision of the Early Childhood Special Education teacher to develop and implement weekly lesson plans. Prepare materials for a preschool classroom of special needs, at risk and typically developing students. Provide individual personal care for students as needed. Conduct periodic assessment and clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Implement and assist with instruction and specialized interventions for preschool students in individual small and large group settings following lesson plans
2. Prepare materials for classroom instruction.
3. Maintain classroom cleanliness and organization including disinfecting and sterilizing common areas and equipment
4. Assists with all areas of physical needs for all students, including performing daily routines, toileting, specialized dietary requirements, and medical needs as delegated by the Preschool Registered Nurse.
5. Communicate with team members regularly to discuss programming and progress for all students.
6. Participate in all Early Childhood Education staff development training, including but not limited to, district training, Professional Development Information System (PDIS) and Teaching Strategies GOLD Training, as well as CPR and Standard Precautions.
7. Perform clerical duties related to state licensing, Special Education, and other related paperwork tasks.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with children with special education needs, including Autism, preferred.
• Experience in an early childhood setting preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Colorado Department of Human Services Early Childhood Teaching Assistant qualification required
• Early Childhood Teaching Assistant requirements (CDHS) – Must meet one of the following qualifications:
• Successful completion of one of the early childhood education courses and twelve (12) months (1820 hours) verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age, who are not related to the individual. OR
• Successful completion of two (2) early childhood education classes OR
• Possess a current early childhood professional Credential Level I Version 1.0 or 2.0 as determined by the Colorado Department of Education.
• Post secondary coursework in early childhood education preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR and First Aid certifications within 3 months of entering position.
• Standard Precautions training required within 1 month of entering position.
• Medication training acquired within 3 months after entering position.
• Successful completion of a pre-hire post-offer physical examination.
• Colorado Department of Human Services Early Childhood Teaching Assistant qualification required.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to our Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.