Speech Language Pathologist (Remote SLP on Special Assignment)
SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1770SP
POSITION TYPE: NEW – REPLACEMENT – PERMANENT/REGULAR– TEMPORARY (SELECT ONE)
This is a remote 1.0 SLP assignment (SLP on Special Assignment for the 2021-2022 School Year).
Temporary for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Participate in and contribute to the development of a vision for the Five Star Online Program in preparation for the launch of a fully online School in the 2022-23 school year.
This vision work will create a separate and unique identity for the Five Star Online School.
Comparing in-Person to Online Instruction - Teacher Expectations & Duties
SUMMARY: Apply principles, methods and procedures for an analysis of speech and language comprehension and production to determine communicative competencies. Provide intervention strategies and services related to speech and language development and literacy development as well as disorders of language, voice, articulation and fluency and functional communication that adversely affect an individual's educational performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with professionals and parents to observe, plan, implement, monitor, and facilitate generalization of oral and written communication skills. Use research-based and technically sound practices to drive decision-making and interventions; and collaborate with school personnel and parents in order to develop and modify student intervention strategies.
- Provide assessments that are relevant to the presenting concern, meaningful communication skills.
- Use a variety of service delivery options, evidence-based practices and facilitate generalization of communication skills.
- Manage time, organize material, and communicate with school teams, building and central administrators to effectively manage individual student programs; engage in problem solving process with school-based teams.
- Monitor individual progress towards measurable goals and objectives.
- Share knowledge with individuals and groups concerning communication, language and literacy development.
- Advocate for the individual's communication needs across a variety of settings.
- Develop and/or participate in professional enrichment activities to maintain a high standard of service delivery.
- Participate in or utilize specialized services to provide better programming for individuals with complex needs.
- May assist in the supervision of Speech/Language Pathology Assistants.
- Complies with Student Support Services and district policies and procedures (e.g., Medicaid billing, accident reporting).
- Provide direct and indirect interventions/therapy to students according to their special education Individualized Education Program (IEPs).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid Colorado Educator License.
- Must possess the required license or the ability to fulfill the requirements for highly qualified status in the instructional area(s) listed.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESL or (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience
Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master Agreement that can be found on our district website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eli
gible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.