MTSS Coordinator - LES
TITLE: Multi-Tiered System of Support Coordinator – (Teacher)
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Certified by the State of Florida in an appropriate area.
3. Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience.
4.. Reading Endorsement preferred.
5. Exceptional Student Education Certification preferred.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
(This position is contingent upon federal grant funds and will not be hired or retained unless grant funds are available.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of State Board of Education regulations, state statutes, and federal laws. Ability to plan and manage a variety of functions. Skill in written and oral communication. Computer proficiency. Knowledge of the teaching / learning process in the school setting. Knowledge of state-of-the-art research and best practices in areas of academic instruction. Ability to analyze statistical data for trends and performance in various programs and to develop strategies for improvement. Ability to understand and interpret Florida Statutes related to curriculum requirements.
REPORTS TO: Director of Exceptional Student Education and Student Services
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
JOB GOAL: Assist teachers and school-based teams in the processes of MTSS/RtI. Provide professional development activities relevant to the MTSS/RtI process, such as, the identification of deficits, interventions, and fidelity of implementation to improve student outcomes through data-based decision-making. Assist in identifying relevant interventions and demonstrating proper data collection techniques. Provide student interventions and modeling of interventions for classroom teachers.
- Directly assist in the development and coordination of the Problem-Solving/Response to Intervention (PS/RtI) model throughout the school site.
- Implement the problem-solving process with the MTSS/RtI School-Based Leadership Team when making decisions involving student progress.
- Facilitate the problem-solving process for developing interventions for individual students at School Based Team meetings.
- Ensure the implementation of Progress Monitoring in the areas of reading/literacy, math, behavior, social/emotional.
- Apply knowledge of different exceptionalities and characteristics of students.
- Provide Tier 3 Interventions to designated students.
- Analyze group, demographic, and school data for problem-solving and intervention placements.
- Utilize school-based data to determine the effectiveness of academic and behavioral instruction at the Core (Tier 1) and Supplemental (Tier 2) levels.
- Utilize and assist teachers in utilizing Progress Monitoring data both to form the development of interventions and the evaluation of those interventions.
- Facilitate the development of school-based intervention maps at the Core (Tier 1). Supplemental (Tier 2), and Intensive (Tier 3) Levels of instruction/intervention to ensure that all academic, academic support, behavioral, and mental health services are integrated in the classroom and with Core instruction.
- Ensure the evaluation of the fidelity of Core instruction and provide technical support to ensure fidelity of Supplemental and Intensive interventions.
- Provide proper documentation of process and interventions to ensure sufficiency of Supplemental (Tier 2) and Intensive (Tier 3) interventions.
- Evaluate the types of response (positive/questionable/poor) to instruction/intervention for large groups, small groups, and individual students.
- Ensure the involvement of parents in the development, evaluation of, and engagement with Supplemental and Intensive interventions.
- Consult with school staff and facilitate group involvement through effective communication, collaboration, and technical assistance support that results in the implementation of problem-solving/response to intervention with integrity and sustainability.
- Utilize effective consultative and mentoring techniques with school staff.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with other professionals, students, parents, and community agencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the District’s Special Programs and Procedures Policy Manual in regard to Required General Education Interventions and the Referral Process.
- Exercise confidentiality in sharing of student data and student and other professional information.
- Provide technical assistance to teachers, deans, support staff and administrators on PS/RtI procedures, including information and interpretation of state, federal and District guidelines, rules, and laws as they apply to Required General Education Interventions.
- Participate in evaluation of the effectiveness of programs and services.
- Recognize overt indicators of student distress or abuse and take appropriate intervention, referral or reporting actions.
- Engage in continuing improvement of professional knowledge and skills.
- Conduct a personal assessment periodically to determine professional development needs.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner and adhere at all times to the Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Conduct.
- Perform and fulfill professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate attention to punctuality, attendance, records, and reports.
- Exercise appropriate professional judgment.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- Perform services and responsibilities in a manner which ensures that student growth and achievement are continuous and appropriate for age group and / or student classification.
- Develop and deliver professional development for teachers and staff.
- All other such job related duties as shall be assigned by the immediate supervisor, the Superintendent of Schools, or the Board.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s board-approved salary schedule. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the district. This position is contingent upon federal grant funds and will not be hired or retained unless grant funds are available.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.