K-8 Physical Education/Health Teacher
Revised Posting Date: July 19, 2021
Start Date: 2021-2022 School Year, Approximately 8/30/2021
K-8 PE/Health Teacher
Location: Deep Creek Damascus K-8 School
192 days (based on 20-21 contract),
.50 FTE Health, .50 PE
Position continuation for 2022-2023 dependent upon renewal of Grant funding
In-district Applicant Deadline: Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/greshambarlow/onlineapp/ as an internal applicant by May 11, 2021 by 5 pm.
Out-of-District Applicant Deadline: Until Filled. Apply through gbsdjobs.com
Qualifications: State of Oregon Teaching License with Physical Education and Health PK-12 endorsement, and current First Aid Card.
JOB TITLE: Teacher - Physical Education
Job Summary: The job of "Teacher - Physical Education" is done for the purpose/s of developing students' physical skills and abilities through implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; developing students' leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment
- Assembles and maintains equipment (e.g. volleyball, soccer, badminton, etc.) for the purpose of providing physical plans for instruction
- Assesses student for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students' progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum
- Instructs students for the purpose of developing their physical skills and abilities
- Participates with students in group activities for the purpose of developing students' leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills
- Prepares teaching materials and reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, district and/or school policies
Other Job Functions:
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of non-school issues
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
- Participates in various meetings (parent conferences, in-service training, site meetings, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information and/or meeting credential requirements
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
- Experience Required: Prior job related experience.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills to motivate students, communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct support personnel, evaluate student performance, demonstrate activities.
- Knowledge of rules of team sports, general health issues, age appropriate teaching methods, state curriculum, and education code.
- Abilities to walk for prolonged periods, work outdoors, demonstrate physical education skills/activities, supervise large numbers of students, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, and meet schedule and deadlines. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, balancing, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations and other sounds, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/field of vision.
- Appropriate Teaching Credential for special subject, Criminal Justice Fingerprint clearance.
Gresham-Barlow School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of this district and the board of education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups in any education programs, activities or employment. Gresham-Barlow providesequal access to individuals with disabilities.