Posted a month ago
The job of custodian is for the purpose/s of maintaining an attractive, sanitary and safe facility for students, staff and public.
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Unlocks doors, ensuring doors are locked after cleaning areas.
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels..
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Assists in on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May assist or perform snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.