Posted 2 months ago
- Promote educationally and psychologically healthy school environments to optimize student learning.
- Utilize research based best practices, assessment, intervention, referral, counseling, consultation, and crisis management to assess and provide appropriate services.
- Provide strategic individual and group counseling, classroom instruction and consultation with school personnel and parents to promote positive student performance in the areas of social, emotional, and academic development.
- Collaborate with school personnel to design, implement, and evaluate individual, classroom, and schoolwide programs in classroom management, social skills, social problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, and life skills.
- Evaluate individual students using a variety of methods including, but not limited to, standardized, norm-referenced and curriculum-based assessment, observation, interviews, and review of pertinent data to determine students' educational needs, and to design interventions to address those needs.
- Review data and assess educational outcomes and the instructional implications for individual students and groups; assist in the development of instructional interventions; monitor individual student progress, evaluate the effectiveness of the instruction and propose modifications as necessary.