Special Education Teacher, 1.0 FTE Full Time
POSITION: Special Education Teacher, LifeSKills Program 1.0 FTE
LOCATION: TCU Lonsdale PK-6, Lonsdale, MN
Tri-City United Schools proudly serves the communities of Montgomery, Lonsdale, & Le Center
STARTING DATE: 2021-22 School Year, August 24th, 2021 is the 1st day of New Teacher Workshop
SALARY: Per the Tri-City United ISD 2905 Master Teacher Agreement
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Director of Special Services
DATE OF POSTING: 5.5.2021 & 5.27.2021 & 6.22.2021
LICENSURE: Appropriate MDE Teacher License in Special Education, preferred DCD, ASD, DD, ABS. All special education licensed areas will be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Delivery and Instruction of Special Education services to students in a setting III LifeSkills program
- Understanding of Special Education due process and paperwork, maintaining accurate student records
- Assessing student learning, analyzing student data and plan accordingly for student success
- Creating an engaging and respectful classroom for all
- Effective communication with key stakeholders, including families and guardians
- Work collaboratively with multiple instructional teams
DISTRICT & POSITION DETAILS:
This is an exciting opportunity and time to become part of a growing, innovative, forward focused School District. We have successfully implemented an Empowering Learners initiative that includes 1 to 1 Chromebook devices; personalized learning structures; AVID; PBIS; and emphasize the importance of well-rounded education, social/emotional learning, and high levels of learning for all.
TCU Staff work together in a collaborative, team-driven environment with students' learning and career, college, and life readiness skills as our focus. This position will serve an important role in our TCU mission … To Empower Learners, Create Opportunities, United for Success.
QUESTIONS, CONTACT: Holle Spessard, Director of Special Services, email@example.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Until Filled
***Extra-Curricular Advising and Coaching positions are also available***